Summertime is just around the corner and now is the time to plan your trip. It can be overwhelming finding the destination and the cost can be mind blowing. Travel doesn’t have to be exotic…it can be close to home. We have the perfect, budget-friendly staycation route – travel close to home while creating memories. Here’s a list of 7 Staycation packages; there’s a package for you and every interest.
1. Family Fun Package – Enjoy a fun-filled vacation in Columbia, SC, and Lake Murray Country! Head to the wild side at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden with over 2000 animals and cool off at Waterfall Junction. This package gives you the option to purchase the Cool Pass, which includes admission to the Riverbanks Zoo & Garden, EdVenture Children’s Museum and the SC State Museum. There is even more to do as you tour historic sites in downtown Columbia, including the SC State House and grounds.
2. Outdoor Adventure Package – Whatever you want – we’ve got it! You can hike, bike, kayak, tube, paddleboard or canoe on one of our three rivers. Palmetto Outdoors will show you the way! SC is home to the Congaree National Park where you can fill your day with hiking along the boardwalk, paddling in the flood plains or walking the wilderness trails. Later in the day, take in a Blowfish Baseball game or a movie outside at the Big Mo Drive In!
3. Millennials Package – Talk about a great package! This has everything you could possibly want! Explore Columbia, SC and Lake Murray Country by taking in nature on one of Columbia’s three rivers, enjoy food tour tastings and then strike out at a Columbia Fireflies Baseball game. Emerce yourself in Columbia’s nightlife as you explore breweries, music, arts, and restaurants in the Vista. There are an array of coffee shops and brunch options to get you going in the morning as you stroll along Columbia’s river walk. If your stay goes into the weekend, don’t miss Soda City on Main Street, every Saturday morning, as it hosts an array of vendors and of course, food!
4. Lake Enthusiasts Package – Fish with the finest guides or explore Lake Murray on a boat tour or on your own. Leave your tackle box at home as Dreher Island State Park offers a loaner program that will help you hook the big catch! You can swim and picnic at the Lake Murray Park Sites, and enjoy the sunset from the Lake Murray Dam Walkway. The options are endless to enjoy the beauty of Lake Murray and you will understand why it is called The Jewel of South Carolina!
5. Backroads & BBQ Package – Y’all come taste the best BBQ with every sauce imaginable and enjoy the backroads along the way with many historic sites. Spend the afternoon teeing off at Golden Hills, Timberlake or Cobblestone golf courses. Antique your way through Ridge Spring and Newberry. Don’t miss the Little Mountain Antique Mall, where you can also enjoy lunch in their café. Take in a show at the Newberry Opera House. Experience dinner in Ridge Spring at Juniper’s with South Carolina Ambassador Chef, Brandon Velie. Then, take home a fresh pecan pie from The Nut House and Country Market. Truly a unique experience for home of the best BBQ!
6. Civil Rights History Tour – Columbia’s Main Street has been the stage for a number of defining moments during the Civil Rights Movement of 1963. Columbia has captured this history and invites you to explore these significant markers by taking a tour through Columbia SC 63. There is also the option to tour all historic sites in downtown Columbia through Historic Columbia. After your tour(s), enjoy shopping and dining in the Vista in downtown Columbia.
7. Special Needs Package – Enjoy the region’s top attractions! This vacation meets your accessible needs as you explore attractions and the great outdoors. Saluda Shoals Park offers a brand new all-inclusive playground for all ages and abilities. Lake Murray has an accessible fishing dock located at the north entrance of the Lake Murray Dam and an accessible walkway across the dam. You even have the option to sign up for a fishing guide! Sounds like it is time to pack a picnic and get busy!
The perfect staycation is within your reach. If you are a local, it is time to get out and visit the museums and take the tours that out of towners flock to. And, if you are a visitor, make a plan to visit Capital City/Lake Murray Country in Columbia, SC. These staycation packages are budget friendly and fun! Book today at StaycationWeekColumbiaSC.com or call (803) 781-5940.