Irmo Town Park
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube Pinterest Trip Advisor Blog

Irmo Town Park

The Town of Irmo began as a rural settlement around a water & refueling stop for trains traveling the Columbia, Newberry & Laurens Railroad. The town incorporated on December 24, 1890 & was named after two officals of the railroad - Mr. Iredell & Mr. Moseley

Irmo continued as a sleepy rural town until the development of several subdivisions in the late 1960's - early 1970's. the growth of the area proceeded at a steady pace until the late 1970's when the growth of the Irmo area spread, to some extent like "wildfire".
Location(s): 
1 of 1
Back to
Top
Tickets & Deals