Throughout history, Wavering Place has also been known as Green Tree and Magnolia. The Greek Revival main house dates to 1850. The numerous outbuildings all date from 1800-1820 and include the brick kitchen house, the double slave dwelling, the smokehouse, the plantation office, and the barn. The noted formal native plant gardens at Wavering Place were designed and hand created by Dr. Julian C. Adams.
In 2013, Weston Adams III and Robert Adams VI acquired Wavering Place from their Uncle Julian, continuing Adams ownership dating back to 1768. The two brothers along with their spouses, Lisa Boykin Adams and Shana Adams (respectively) have transformed the property into one of the area's premier event venues and bed and breakfasts. In return, the revenue contributes to the preservation of the significant history of this South Carolina landmark.