Irmo Town Park

7330 Carlisle Street
Irmo, SC 29063
(803) 781-7050

The Town of Irmo began as a rural settlement around a water & refueling stop for trains traveling the Columbia, Newberry & Laurens Railroad. The town incorporated on December 24, 1890 & was named after two officals of the railroad – Mr. Iredell & Mr. Moseley

Irmo continued as a sleepy rural town until the development of several subdivisions in the late 1960’s – early 1970’s. the growth of the area proceeded at a steady pace until the late 1970’s when the growth of the Irmo area spread, to some extent like “wildfire”.

Visit Our Website