- This event has passed.
2022 South Carolina Juneteenth Freedom Fest
Sunday, June 19 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
One event on Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on Monday, June 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
This year’s 2-day event will take place at the
Benedict College Charlie W. Johnson Stadium.
Bringing family fun for everyone in the Midlands with:
Live Music Performances & DJ
Live Artistic Performances
Vendors & Exhibitors
And Much More
Freedom has always come with an asterisk in America. Emancipation was one step toward full equality. But in many ways African Americans and other people of color remain in bondage. Poor education , a massive racial wealth gap, and biased sentencing in criminal justice continue to affect minorities at disproportionate rates. Even the 13th Amendment which abolished slavery, left a loophole for forced labor to continue by including the following clause: “except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.” The exception contained in the amendment made convict-leasing possible and served as a foundation for mass incarceration. It’s more than a festival! It is about our FREEDOM.
The SC Official Juneteenth Freedom Fest committee has been putting this festival together since 2017 and this year will be the first year that it will expand from 1 day to 9 days in Richland County:
- Friday, June 10th: Juneteenth at Segra Park
- Saturday, June 11th: Blythewood Juneteenth Block Party
- Monday, June 13th: 2nd Annual Statewide Home Buyers Seminar sponsored by Southernfirst Bank
- Tuesday, June 14th: Financial Literacy Seminar sponsored by SouthernFirst Bank
- Wednesday, June 15th: Juneteenth History, Present and Future with Elders of SC in Irmo
- Thursday, June 16th: Meet and Greet with SC JFF Team at Steve Padgett Honda in Irmo
- Friday, June 17th: 2nd Juneteenth Gala Noir and Awards, Columbia Marriott
Saturday, June 18- Sunday, 19th: 6th Annual Juneteenth Freedom Festival in Columbia, SC at the Benedict College Charlie W. Johnson Stadium. The event will be from 1 pm until 9 pm on the 18th and 10 am until 7 pm on the 19th. We will have vendors, bounce houses, fire trucks, ems, police cars, food trucks, national recording artists, local talent, a fashion show, carnival and a job fair.
Monday, June 20th at 10am: SC Juneteenth Freedom Fest Parade on Main Street downtown
Our Celebration is a family friendly, community event and will include activities and resources, such as:
- Historical Awareness and Reenactments
- Local and National Recording Artists Performing LIVE
- Fair Rides
- Fireworks Display
- Health Information to include Covid testing, Sickle Cell Awareness and more
- Live Musical Performances
- Award Ceremony honoring key figures in the SC African American Community
- Retail Vendors
- Food Vendors
- Civic Engagement
- Voter Registration
Tickets are on sale right now!!!
Carnival $25 ride all the rides with one price per a day
Ticket Entry: 11yrs and up $20.00 6yrs-10yrs $10.00 5 and under….FREE per a day