- This event has passed.
Columbia Classical Ballet presents Oz
Thursday, March 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am
One event on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Columbia Classical Ballet is dedicated to providing South Carolina audiences with the experience of classical ballet performed by the recognized ballet stars of the day. The Ballet recruits the most talented performers from around the world and brings them to our community.
Friday, March 12 – 7:30 p.m. – (Evening performance includes a performance of “Gravity“)
Nothing can compare to America’s beloved home-grown Fairy Tale, “Oz“, with its breathtaking choreography by Simone Cuttino and this production features the world-renowned, hometown ballet star Brooklyn Mack!
The evening performance on Friday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m. begins with the one-act performance of “Oz“, followed by a short intermission and then a one-act performance of “Gravity“.
Nothing will stimulate your senses more than the haunting and contemporary choreography of Manual Jean Vignoulle in “Gravity“.
Thursday, March 11 – 10:00 a.m. – (Outreach performance)
Friday, March 12 – 10:00 a.m. – (Outreach performance)
Tickets for the morning outreach performances are $10.
For students, families, or individuals unable to attend the performance in person, the Columbia Classical Ballet is excited to announce that the full-length recorded “Oz” ballet performance at the Koger Center for the Arts will be made available for $2 per viewer. The recorded performance will include access to an “Oz” ballet curriculum guide for educational use and a recorded pre-performance interview with ballet star Brooklyn Mack. For more information about the virtual performance, please contact Simms Oliphant by emailing [email protected] or calling (803) 777-9733.
To keep you safe The Koger Center has instituted the following rules:
- The Lobby will only open 45 minutes before the event.
- To maintain social-distancing we have spread out the arrival of patrons. Please arrive:
- 30 minutes prior to curtain for Grand Tier or Balcony seating.
- 15 minutes prior to curtain for Orchestra level seating.
- Patrons will be seated immediately upon entering the lobby.
- NOTE: Tickets are grouped for 2 people only.
- Your ticket indicates your seat row and number and once inside the auditorium guests must stay in their assigned row and seat.
- Face Coverings Must Be Worn inside the Koger Center at all times.
- No food or beverages allowed inside the Koger Center except bottled water.
- Please do not attend if in the 14 days prior to the event you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. In all of these cases, tickets are fully refundable, right up until show time. Call 803-777-5112.