Get ready for the 30th Annual 4th of July Fireworks Celebration on Lake Murray.
The fireworks this year will be the largest display yet and will take place at dusk on Saturday, June 30th from Dreher Island State Park and Spence Island. In honor of our 30th anniversary, the fireworks show will be 30 minutes long this year. Viewers of the fireworks show will be able to tune in their radios for music that will be synced to the fireworks extravaganza. The participating radio stations are listed below.
Bring your family and friends and come celebrate 30 years of fireworks on Lake Murray!!
- Time - at dusk, approximately 9:15pm
- Radio Stations - tune into WTCB/B106.7 FM and WOMG/Classic Hits 98.5 for the Choreographed Patriotic Music Show. This will indicate to you the beginning of the show.
- Best firework viewing locations - Dreher Island State Park, by boat near Dreher Island and Spence Island or both parks at Lake Murray Dam.
- Chairs and blankets are allowed for picnics. NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED at any of the locations.
- Weather Permitting - The festivities will go on as scheduled unless there is lightning in the area. In the event of inclement weather and unsafe conditions, rescheduling would be announced on our partner radio stations B106.7FM and 98.5. Notices would also be sent to the local television stations. In the event of postponement, events would be rescheduled one time to be held on Sunday, July 1st, following the same schedule.
- Dreher Island State Park - $2 for adults, $1.25 SC Seniors, FREE for children 15 years and younger (Gates close at 8pm to allow emergency vehicle access)
- Lake Murray Dam Park Sites - $3/ cars & trucks; $2/motorcycles and $5 buses. Open until they reach capacity (First come, to capacity basis)
*The walking path on the dam will also be open. (Fireworks DO NOT launch from the park sites at the dam).
CHEERS TO 30 YEARS!!!
If you have a boat, don't forget to sign up for the 4th of July Boat Parade on Lake Murray. The parade is June 30th at 12pm. See below for details and registration forms.