The eighth annual Art Day at the State Museum will feature a variety of programs highlighting our current art exhibition in the Lipscomb Gallery, Reflections on the River.
Activities will include:
- “Art Plunge,” a virtual reality experience for ages 13 and above.
- Fulldome Flights of Fancy, a special planetarium show (11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.) featuring short artistic visual pieces that utilize the planetarium’s immersive environment in creative ways. ($)
- Live musical performances by The Lovely Few at 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Last day to see the 30th Anniversary Juried Art Exhibition.
- South Carolina artists working throughout the museum. Including: Virginia Scotchie (ceramics), Christopher Lane (painting), Jennifer Kelly Hoskins (drawing), Jamie Herndon (metalwork), Janet Swigler (textiles), Peter Lenzo (ceramics) and many others.
- Demonstration of painting styles from About Face, Abstract Alexandra and Rick Wells.
- A childrens activity with mixed media artist Herman Thompson.
- Behind-the-scenes tour at 11 a.m. of the museum’s art storage areas.
- Hands-on creation stations