The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes offers an interactive experience combining science with history and culture to bring to life the historic underpinnings of author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s rich and vibrant stories.
Museum visitors will learn how Sherlock Holmes, a scientific expert ahead of his time, used seemingly trivial observations of clues others missed to solve some of his era’s most puzzling mysteries. His practices and techniques, created in the mind of doctor-turned-author Conan Doyle, encouraged a change in the way police work was conducted, and remain in practice today.
Guests will be transported into Sherlock Holmes’ London to solve a mystery in a world newly introduced to his groundbreaking methods, and then transported back into present day with a pop culture gallery that shows Sherlock Holmes in all his manifestations from books to movies.
- A visit to author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s study, where guests can explore his world and life from medical student to practicing physician to literary genius.
- A chance to become a detective and solve a mystery as you investigate clues and use scientific crime-solving methods throughout the exhibit gallery.
- Hands-on interactive stations exploring the science behind crime-solving.
- More than 100 objects and artifacts, including original manuscripts and more.
- Authentic recreation of Holmes’ 221B Sitting Room.
- More than 50 images from the Museum of London Archives, some never displayed before.
- Props from the Warner Bros.’ current Sherlock Holmes movies and behind the scenes tools from the hit CBS television show Elementary and the BBC’s Sherlock .
- And more!