Miriam Atria Recognized by South Carolina Legislature for 40 Years of Service to Tourism Industry
April 25, 2023
Photo: Resolution Presentation from left to right: Buddy Jennings, Chip Huggins, Representative Nathan Ballentine, Miriam Atria, Nick Atria, Justin Atria, Representative Paula Rawl Calhoon, and Jimmy Chao
Columbia, S.C. — Representatives Nathan Ballentine, Paula Rawl Calhoon, and former Representative Chip Huggins presented Miriam Atria with a House Resolution from the South Carolina General Assembly “To congratulate Miriam Atria, President/CEO of Capital City/Lake Murray Country, at the celebration of her forty years of service in the tourism industry and to wish her much-continued success as she continues to serve.”
Points of note from the resolution:
- Atria began her career at CCLMC in 1983 as the sole employee with a budget of $40,000
- Since the early 1990s, Atria recognized Lake Murray’s potential as a major player in the fishing tournament industry – awareness of Lake Murray and the attractions surrounding it have served to elevate the tourism industry in South Carolina
- Atria and staff hosted the “Super Bowl of fishing” the Forrest Wood Cup in 2008, 2014, and 2017 – bringing in a combined total of more than $95 million in economic impact
- In 2022, Atria capitalized on her relationship with USAngling to bring the XVI Black Bass World Championship to Lake Murray, the first location on US soil
- February 16, 2023, Governor Henry McMaster; South Carolina Parks, Recreation, and Tourism (SCPRT) Director Duane Parrish; and President of Impact Consulting Buddy Jennings presented Atria with the Fred Brinkman Award at the South Carolina Governor’s Conference on Tourism & Travel – The highest honor in SC’s Tourism Industry
House Resolution Sponsors:
Sponsors: Reps. Ballentine, Calhoon, Kilmartin, Wooten, Alexander, Anderson, Atkinson, Bailey, Bamberg, Bannister, Bauer, Beach, Bernstein, Blackwell, Bradley, Brewer, Brittain, Burns, Bustos, Carter, Caskey, Chapman, Chumley, Clyburn, Cobb-Hunter, Collins, Connell, B.J. Cox, B.L. Cox, Crawford, Cromer, Davis, Dillard, Elliott, Erickson, Felder, Forrest, Gagnon, Garvin, Gatch, Gibson, Gilliam, Gilliard, Guest, Guffey, Haddon, Hager, Hardee, Harris, Hart, Hartnett, Hayes, Henderson-Myers, Henegan, Herbkersman, Hewitt, Hiott, Hixon, Hosey, Howard, Hyde, Jefferson, J.E. Johnson, J.L. Johnson, S. Jones, W. Jones, Jordan, King, Kirby, Landing, Lawson, Leber, Ligon, Long, Lowe, Magnuson, May, McCabe, McCravy, McDaniel, McGinnis, Mitchell, J. Moore, T. Moore, A.M. Morgan, T.A. Morgan, Moss, Murphy, Neese, B. Newton, W. Newton, Nutt, O’Neal, Oremus, Ott, Pace, Pedalino, Pendarvis, Pope, Rivers, Robbins, Rose, Rutherford, Sandifer, Schuessler, Sessions, G.M. Smith, M.M. Smith, Stavrinakis, Taylor, Tedder, Thayer, Thigpen, Trantham, Vaughan, Weeks, West, Wetmore, Wheeler, White, Whitmire, Williams, Willis, and Yow.
Click to View the House Resolution Document
About Capital City/Lake Murray Country
CCLMC is the official source for all things Lake Murray Country. Find information on attractions, dining, hotels, outdoor recreation, fishing, golf, and events to plan your next trip. Explore The Top Southern Destinations of Columbia, Richland, Lexington, Newberry, and Saluda. For more information about CCLMC visit LakeMurrayCountry.com or call 803-781-5940 | 1-866-SC-Jewel.